Need some time to focus on your wellness in the new year? Whether you’re looking to give yourself a holiday gift or set an intention for the new year, consider a retreat. There are plenty of options to fashion a mini-getaway for yourself close to home or to indulge in a farther-flung opportunity.
Reading Jen’s book inspired me to think about getting away, someday, in one fashion or another.
Here are some options!
Book a deal now for Yogaville
One timely option is to take advantage of this Certifikid deal for two nights at Yogaville in Buckingham, Virginia. It includes several yoga and meditation classes plus a Saturday satsang and all meals Friday evening through midday Sunday. The deal – on for a limited time – is for $108 for two nights in a shared dorm, or you can split the $299 fee with a friend for two people in a private lotus cottage.
If 3.5 hours is too far to go, fashion your own retreat by blocking off a half day and taking a workshop or a yoga class followed by a meditation class at one of the area’s local yoga and wellness studios. Plan for a healthy meal nearby – or from food at the studio, if offered – and cap it off with a walk in nature if the weather feels cooperative.
A few mini retreat options inside or near the Beltway
Rise Well-Being Center in Reston, VA
Rise has several types of classes plus community programs, including concerts. The space also offers healing services and nap rooms. Enjoy lunch in its indoor garden and appreciate the energy of the crystals built into the space.
See my Rise grand opening post
Beloved Yoga in Reston, VA
Beloved offers regular free karma meditation classes plus various yoga classes and special events, including concerts. Housed in the space is Apurva Ayurveda, where you can get a variety of ayurvedic treatments. There is a living wall in the space, and Tasty 6 juices and River-Sea chocolates are available for sale.
Ease Yoga & Cafe in Alexandria (Del Ray), VA
Ease offers various yoga and mindfulness workshops & classes including a qi gong class and yoga & essential oils. Housed in the space is a South Block Juicery that sells acai bowls, smoothies and juices. See below for a Costa Rica retreat.
See my Ease grand opening post
Bethesda Salt Cave in Bethesda, MD
recharj in Washington, DC
Nap studio with sound bath and yoga nidra classes.
Find more studios and centers by searching “Meditation and Mindfulness Opportunities” and “Spas & Retreat Spots” in my eBook Guide to Holistic Family Living in Metro DC . The eBook will be updated in 2020, so be sure to send along any new spots that should be included in the already-extensive listings!
Upcoming local-ish opportunities with DC-based practitioners
- RenewRechargeReflect Retreat January 10-12 at Moon Meadows Farm in Kearneysville, WV with Jade Floyd
- Lil Omm Life Academy (LOLA) – LOLA lab experiences and Pause One-Day Silent(ish) Retreat May 13, 2020 with Pleasance Silicki
- Gathering of Women connecting to Nature: Yoga, Meditation, Mindfulness In Nature, hiking and sound healing March 20-22 with Retreat Center of Maryland
- Sound, art and yoga workshops with Jeneen Piccuirro of Soul Voyage
Local-ish retreat spots for anytime
- Yogaville in Buckingham, VA – see limited-time Certifikid deal described above!
- Fox Haven Retreat Center in Jefferson, MD
- Meadowkirk Retreat Center in Middleburg, VA
- Pearlstone Center in Reistertown, MD
- Retreat Center of Maryland, Columbia, MD
- Seven Oaks Retreat Center in Madison, VA
See more options by searching “Spas & Retreat Spots” in my eBook Guide to Holistic Family Living in Metro DC
Distance Retreats offered by local studios and practitioners
- New Year’s Yoga & Wellness Retreat in Belize with HawaH: December 29 – January 4
- Ease Yoga & Cafe retreat to Costa Rica: February 1-8
- Soul Care in Morocco with Jeneen Piccuirro: May 10-19
- Daring to Rest retreats with Karen Brody: spring and fall
- Take Back Your Health retreat in the Outer Banks: April 25-29
To learn about more retreats, workshops and studios, visit DC Area Yoga.
This is not a sponsored post.
Jessica Claire Haney is the founder, publisher and editor of Mindful Healthy Life and the author of its Guide to Holistic Family Living in Metro DC. A mother of two, Jessica founded the Arlington/Alexandria Chapter of Holistic Moms Network and volunteers on school wellness issues. Follow on Facebook at MindfulHealthyLife, on @