Love Your Body Yoga Festival returns Sunday, June 12 to the Reston Town Center for a full day of yoga and health- and wellness-related activities for children and adults and dozens of vendor exhibits.
Presented by Beloved Yoga, the 8th annual event runs 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and brings yogis together with businesses and organizations that support holistic healing and wellness. There are hands-on and experiential opportunities as well as learning opportunities. The morning kicks off at 10 a.m. with an opening flow yoga class by Beloved Yoga.
Of particular interest to families is the Kidasana are, which will offer classes and activities including face painting, henna art, and more. Sponsors of this area include Heart and Soul Yoga, Radiant Child Yoga, Creating Conscious Contact, and Whole Foods Reston.
- Story Yoga at 10:00 (ages 2-8)
- Kids Yoga Flow at 10:30 (agest 5-10)
- Adaptive Yoga at 11:00 (all ages)
- Stress-Buster Yoga for Teens at 11:30
- Family Yoga and Kirtan at 12:00
- Kid’s Kundalini Yoga Adventure at 12:30 (ages 3-10)
- Partner Yoga at 1:00 (ages 4-10)
- Garden Yoga at 1:30 (ages 4-10)
- Dreams & Goals Class at 2:00 (ages 6-14)
- Fun with YoKid at 2:30 (ages 5-10)
- Art of Living at 3:00
- Laughter Yoga Party at 3:30
Also in the Kidasana tent will be a “Positivi-tree.” Children will be able to write positive messages & affirmations on construction paper leaves and clothes they can pin, along with coffee filter flowers, to a 4-foot LED-lit potted tree that will then go to a Cornerstones facility. Formerly Reston Interfaith, Cornerstones is a nonprofit organization that promotes self-sufficiency by providing support and advocacy for those in need of food, shelter, affordable housing, quality childcare, and other human services. Cornerstones is the recipient of funds raised from this year’s festival. Children can also create cards to use as thank you cards and note cards in the Kidasana tent.
- large classes on the main stage under the pavilion
- live music, kirtans, and bhajans in the Bhakti tent
- exhibit tables by many local businesses and organizations
- presentations on therapeutic healing practices such sound healing, Ayurveda, and gardening in the Speakeasy Sangha Tent
- Second Spring Farm – ecologically grown vegetables
- Cynthia Ziegenhirt – author, Tales From Biscuit Creek Farm
- Prior Unity Garden – garden design, installation, classes
- CleanLiving with Paula – growing sprouts and microgreens
- 100 Bowls of Soup – maker of nourishing soup and stock
- EatLuv – handcrafted clarified butter
- Fairfax County Farmers Markets – 11 weekly markets
Jessica Claire Haney is the founder, publisher and editor of Mindful Healthy Life. She is a writer and editor and the founder of the Arlington/Alexandria chapter of Holistic Moms Network. Her personal blog is Crunchy-Chewy Mama and her writer’s site is JessicaClaireHaney.com. See the Team Mindful Healthy Life page and Jessica’s Mindful Healthy Life Q&A for more on Jessica.