Many local healers are making available distance healing sessions. Many are doing fee-based telehealth sessions, which will keep their small businesses paying their bills, but some are also offering free grounding and meditation sessions.
Listed here are offerings led by practitioners meant to help you find your way to healing in the while in-person sessions are unavailable. Free unless otherwise noted.
More to come. Please share other resources that should be included!
Mind-Body Health Coaching Zoom Calls with ITR Physical Therapy
Details on Facebook about how to register for the Zoom meetings:
- 7:00-8:00 p.m. on Wednesdays for everyone
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on Thursdays for those with chronic pain
Join physical therapist and mind-body coach, Jennifer Chu, for coaching sessions as we navigate these uncertain and constantly changing times.
These free coaching calls will offer tools to help bring your autonomic nervous system out of fight/flight or freeze mode, tools to help you ground, to feel and release the emotional energy in your body and meditations to connect to your own inner guidance.
Let’s build a community where we can help each other through these uncertain times!
ITR Physical Therapy is a mom-owned business with locations in McLean and Bethesda
Mini-Session Series with Veritas Wellness Center
Thursdays at 8 p.m. via Facebook Live starting 3/26
These sessions are designed to help provide balancing, connection and grounding as we navigate so much change and uncertainty.
Each session will be followed by a brief question and answer session. Healing will come through if you watch live or if you watch the recording. Approximately 15 minutes
Veritas Wellness is a mom-owned business in Northern Virginia
Also check out these offerings from studios and organizations
- Rise Well-Being Center in Reston has some free classes and guided meditations, like this archived meditation and this March 31 Divine Love Circle for Gaia and Humanity, and is also offering distance workshops for a fee.
- Insight Meditation Community of Washington has lots of resources including video guides to meditation plus online classes during this time. See the IMCW calendar for updated info.
- Many local yoga studios are also offering free live streaming classes. Stay connected to your favorite teachers and get to know others!
- There are hundreds of local studios. Find some of them starting on page 35 of my eBook Guide to Holistic Living in Metro DC (overdue for an update, I know).
- Be sure to check out DC Area Yoga’s guide to online yoga classes.
Jessica Claire Haney is the founder, publisher and editor of Mindful Healthy Life and the author of its Guide to Holistic Family Living in Metro DC. A mother of two, Jessica founded the Arlington/Alexandria Chapter of Holistic Moms Network and volunteers on school wellness issues. Follow on Facebook at MindfulHealthyLife, on @