This is an archival page. Mindful Healthy Life is not actively seeking contributors at this time.
Inquiries from local DC-area parents will still be considered if the writers
- are passionate about natural living, family wellness or mindful parenting
- have a unique perspective to share about pursuing holistic health and wellness in Metro DC
- are willing to make a commitment to the site to help it grow and flourish. See below or click here for support needs.
See also our updated Submission Guidelines page explaining that we are not seeking guest posts.
If you are
- not local to DC
- if you are interested in writing articles that would promote your own business or brand
please consult the Work With Me page and email jessica (at) mindfulhealthylife (dot) com to request a Rate Sheet.
Inquiries about guest posts from non-local writers who have not read the above will be ignored.
Team Member Opportunities
- Staff tables at events and share information about Mindful Healthy Life
- Post materials on bulletin boards and delivering materials to offers
- Assist with giveaways and review materials
- Assist with email
Assist with procuring and editing content. Must be (or be willing to become) comfortable in WordPress and have strong editing skills.
- Seek out guest blog posts and/or create questions for Q&A
- Edit and format guest blog posts, including images
- Promote posts on social media
- Follow-up with guest bloggers
- Find and add events relevant to our target audience: parents who are seeking a healthy and mindful lifestyle.
- Additional need is help to cover events with promo pieces and recaps. Manager may do or reach out to others to cover, including event organizers.
- Find and add listings for businesses, organizations, studios, wellness centers, etc.
- Additional help to reach out to those listed to inquire about partnerships
- May later shift into advertising manager position, which would include commission
Do you have one area of interest that you want to help get more exposure? Pick a “beat” and cover it here! Ensure that our site covers everything the DC area has to offer health-minded parents!
Topic experts are asked to:
- share calendar events and directory listings with the calendar and directory managers or to add listings themselves
- post events and new directory listings (or listings with timely news) to Facebook and mention on Twitter and follow/like/tag/thank all relevant partners and collaborators
- approach potential guest bloggers and/or write guest posts (at least one per quarter)
Topic areas include:
- Fertility, Pregnancy and Birth
- Energy Work
- Education (public schools, private schools, homeschooling, lifelong learning)
- Creativity & the Arts
- Non-toxic living (sub-topics may be created)
- Environmental advocacy
- Health advocacy
- Food advocacy
- Gardening & Agriculture
- Outdoor activity
- Physical fitness
Contact Jessica at jessica (at) mindfulhealthylife (dot) com to learn more.