Would you like to help the Mindful Healthy Life vision grow?
Are you excited to help make it easier for DC-area families to find their way to healthful living?
We are looking for folks who are excited about spreading the word about holistic family living. If you have a few hours a month to offer the site and contribute to its mission of increasing the visibility of holistic living.
When the site started, it was limited to what one mom of two kids could accomplish in the approximately 4-24 hours a week she was not volunteering or taking care of her children, her home or her health.
We hope eventually to be in a position to hire assistance or to create a profit-sharing approach. At this time, we are hoping to harness the enthusiasm of people like you who are trying to live a mindful healthy life and who want to help others on their paths, too.
So what kind of fun can you have with this site? The possibilities are endless!
Start here, and then check out our more detailed description of what we’re looking for in terms of admin support.
The help we need includes the following
In the community
- Staffing tables at events and sharing information about Mindful Healthy Life
- Posting materials on bulletin boards and delivering materials to offers
On the site
- Editing and formatting guest posts for publication (in WordPress)
- Writing posts about local happenings (preview posts and recaps, too)
For the site
- Data entry (calendar items, directory listings)
- Technology support
- Social media
- Graphic design and promotional materials
- Staffing tables at events or attending networking events on behalf of the site
- Anything else you can think of and are good at
So why offer your help?
The benefits include (but are not limited to!):
- Experience lines on a resume. How cool would it be to say you helped a small business to grow into something great and profitable?
- Lifelong learning! While you work on this site, you’ll no doubt uncover lots of great information that will improve your quality life. You can learn from me and my journey and from researching and connecting with others.
- Sense of fulfillment. Building a resource something that you and your friends and family can use every day is so much better than just doing research on your own when no one is watching. It’s fun to create things and help people!
For those who are practitioners or business-owners or who are already bloggers:
- You can call yourself a contributor to something that is not your own personal site. The bigger it grows, the more awesome you look.
- If you write, we’ll of course link back to your site and can share, tag and mention you in social media. That can mean more followers and more potential clients.
- Even if you help behind the scenes, we’ll put you on a “contributor” page. No matter how small a role, if you commit to some regular help, we can fashion a witty bio that includes mention of your business or blog. You’ll have to supply the rock star head shot, but we won’t tell anyone if you used Photoshop or if it’s more than eight years old.
If you’re interested in taking part in this endeavor, please email jessica (at) mindfulhealthylife (dot) com
Thanks for your consideration!