Mindful Healthy Life is hiring!
This job bulletin was dated October 17, 2016. As of November, the job has been filled with a virtual assistant. The position is being left posted here for archival purposes.
Those interested in working for Mindful Healthy Life who are local to DC are encouraged to reach out as additional opportunities will arise that require in-person help and cannot be performed virtually. If you have something to offer, we welcome collaboration inquiries.
Assistant to the Publisher
Jessica Claire Haney, founder and publisher of Mindful Healthy Life, is looking to hire an assistant.
The applicant must
- Consistently be available to work (remotely) at least five hours a week with over half of that time during the hours of 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Have excellent communication skills including impeccable spelling and grammar and a strong command of all forms of writing, including emails, social media content and website content
- Be familiar with either the holistic health community in Metro DC and/or the parenting community in Metro DC or with both communities on a national level for non-local applicants
Local applicants strongly preferred
- The job would be done almost all remotely, but occasional work with Jessica at her Arlington office would be helpful. Preference for applicants willing to travel and work on-site on occasion
Tasks would include but are not limited to:
- emailing with potential partners and collaborators
- drawing up agreements specific to each partner
- managing invoices
- keeping track of expenses and income
- promoting eBook in a variety of ways
- editing blog posts
- corresponding with guest bloggers regarding edits to blog posts
- formatting blog posts with images, links, bios
- adding events to the Mindful Healthy Life calendar
- sharing content on social media, engaging with followers, promoting Mindful Healthy Life channels
A high level of comfort with WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest is strongly preferred. If absent, the applicant must have willingness to learn on his/her own time
The pay will start at $12/hour and include the opportunity for additional compensation and bonuses for paid partnerships and for the site reaching specified targets for:
- social media followers and engagements
- page views
- email subscribers
- income from various affiliate programs
The goal is for the site grow into something that has a solid revenue stream and that can eventually support profit-sharing. The more successful the assistant is at supporting the site, the more earning potential there will be.
To indicate interest in this position, please email Jessica (at) mindfulhealthylife (dot) com with a letter that describes
- Your knowledge of Mindful Healthy Life so far and why you would like to help it grow
- Your professional background (jobs you’ve held)
- Your background with respect to holistic health and parenting
- Your connection to the DC area (how long have you lived here and if not living here now, when did you?)
Please also describe your level of comfort with
- Writing emails of a persuasive or sales nature
- Writing blog content about holistic health, sustainability or parenting
- Editing blog content written by others
- Navigating the backend of a WordPress site
- Navigating various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
Qualified applicants will be asked to participate in a phone interview and to submit a resume and writing sample. LinkedIn profiles may suffice depending on their level of detail.
Commission/bonus compensation details to be provided after the applicant has interviewed and is being considered for the position.
If you wish to share about this job posting, please copy and paste this overview:
Mindful Healthy Life of Metro DC is hiring!
Started on Earth Day 2014 as the personal passion of Jessica Claire Haney, the site is now seeking to establish itself as a sustainable business and is looking to hire an assistant to perform administrative support duties and to assist with social media.
Job requirements are at least five hours a week, mostly during the hours of 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Work may be remote, though occasional in-person assistance might be requested. Pay is $12/hour with additional commissions for establishing paid partnerships and bonuses for hitting targets on social media reach and engagement.
The applicant must have excellent written communication skills, be a self-starter, and be comfortable with technology.
For a full description, see http://www.mindfulhealthylife.com/job-openings/
To inquire, email Jessica (at) mindfulhealthylife (dot) com after having read the full description