Wondering how you can offer more nature play and exploration to your students? Learn from directors, teachers and naturalists ways to make it happen in your program. Share your successes and struggles.
Rain or shine!
Box lunch included: Bring your own mug or bottle to refill as needed.
“Creating Nature Programs for Young Children—You can do it!”
- Amy Beam: Fun activities, games, songs and techniques to awaken and deepen children’s innate love of nature and learning;
- Early Childhood program Directors Susan Parker, Margaret Moran and Debbie Brown: trials and triumphs of adding experiences in nature to their programs;
- Naturalist Educator Sarah Glassco: exploring nature in non-wild places;
- Capital Naturalist Alonso Abugattas: making the most of kids’ encounters with small creatures, safety and handling tips;
- Takoma Park Cooperative Preschool Director Lesley Romanoff: building trust in the outdoors for all children and their families
Wear comfortable “get-messy” clothes!
Come dressed for the weather!
$65 Registration fee.
Share this event on Facebook